I have a number of these,
https://buythermopro.com/product/tp357/?srsltid=AfmBOopPAqMD8LevxJewN2nf1H35xTTa1SQUm3UZew3Ek0fzLAU5LL80
Available from Amazon.
They are cheap, reasonably accurate, BLE thermometers & humidity sensors.
They are hooked up to Home Assistant via a Thermopro integration & work well, but the odd one is right on the edge of range from the RPI4 running HA.
So, never played with ESPHome before, it integrates into Home Assistant & offers an easy way to compile & run on an ESP32.
I had a few spare ESP32C3 boards, so decided to give it a go.
Installed the ESPHome addon into HA, plugged the C3 board into my laptop, added a Bluetooth proxy & compiled it, it compiles on the RPI4 & makes it stagger a bit, despite having several goes at installing it, it baulks at the installation.
I used a downloaded ESP installer which works, after that all updates are done over wifi.
Sat & watched it, no devices showing in the log, tweaked to log to verbose, still nothing.
Edited the YAML to try various things, nothing.
Eventually, this works,

No comments:
Post a Comment